Rowan Drummond

Default Searching for a particlar value and matching to a name..

To get the name of the person with the highest percentage assume names
in A2:A5 and percentages in D2:D5
=INDEX($A$2:$A$5,MATCH(MAX($D$2:$D$5),$D$2:$D$5,0) ,1)

Note: if there is a tie this will give you the name of whoever is listed
first with the highest percentage.

To get the actual highest percentage simply =MAX($D$2:$D$5)

Is this what you were wanting?
Regards
Rowan

spezialize wrote:
didnt work for me... let me try to explain better what I have since it
wont let me post my excel file..

I have a column with Names... some columns after with quarterly
numbers, a column which adds all those sales(total column), a goal
column, and then a column which calculates the percent of the goal the
person has reached. I need a column which will display the name of the
person with the highest perecentage goal, and then have that number
show up.