SnotRockit

Default VLOOKUP Problem (limitation)?

I am having a problem with VLOOKUP. The reporting period on the report
being produced (correctly) was updated from 26 weeks to 52 weeks. The
cells were copied and pasted so the VLOOKUP code that is working in the
starting weeks should continue to work for the ending weeks. However,
the VLOOKUP function seems to stop finding matching values after the
41st week (282 VLOOKUPs).

Is there a limitation for the VLOOKUP function? I have tried the report
with different data and it ends up repeating the error (no matches after
282 VLOOKUPs).

I am at wit's end here. I have attached the file. Please take a look at
it and any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

SnotRockit

|Filename: VLOOKUP_PROBLEM.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4001 |

SnotRockit
SnotRockit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28618
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482797

bpeltzer

Many folks here won't open up attachments; you might try posting a
representative vlookup function. Without seeing it, this sounds as though
the table_range in your vlookup is row-limited: ex =vlookup(key,
$a$1:$c$282,3,false). If so, you might expand the table range to include
more rows ($a$1:$c$584) or, if the table is not in the same columns as any
other data, just eliminate the row restriction entirely ($a:$c).
--Bruce

"SnotRockit" wrote:

[...]

Ron Coderre

I checked your file. The ajc range referred to in your VLOOKUP formulas
stops at row 199. You need to redefine the ajc range to extend below
row 199 in order to match the missing items.

•InsertNameDefine
•Select the name "ajc"
•Tab once to select Refers To
•Extend the range as far down as you will need.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

SnotRockit

That did it. :) :) :)

I was unaware that I had even created a range named "ajc". I also used
"ajc" as a password to protect the worksheet. I therefore thought the
"ajc" in the formula just referred to the password so as to
temporarilty "unprotect" the sheet while it did it's VLOOKUP. Although
now that I think of it...since the "ajc" could be seen in the function,
it wouldn't really be a secure password now would it?

Thank you SO much for your assistance. You da man Ron!

SnotRockit