Margaret O'Connor

Default import external data too many rows for one worksheet

I have tried to import the file into excel but the file is too big for one
shet. My problem is not that i have too many columns but there is thousands
of rows of data
Help!
Bruno Campanini

"Margaret O'Connor" <Margaret wrote in
message ...
I have tried to import the file into excel but the file is too big for one
shet. My problem is not that i have too many columns but there is
thousands
of rows of data
Help!

You want to import data, where from? Which way?

Bruno

Duke Carey

Suggestion #1 -
If you have Microsoft Access, import the data into that program instead.
You can run simple queries from Access to extract subsets of data that WILL
fit on a single worksheet tab

Suggestion #2 -
Open the file in Notepad. Copy half the data (or one-third of the data) and
paste it into a new Notepad window and save that as a new file. Repeat the
process until you've created new, smaller files, each of which will fit on a
single wrksheet tab

Suggestion #3 -
Do a Google search for VBA solutions that handle importing large text files
into multiple worksheet tabs