Big H

Default Dynamic Average

Hi There,

I have a spreadsheet that each week i have to average the last 8 week
inputs, as you can image each week the last 8 weeks information changes. Any
help would be appreciated.

thanks Big H

Biff

Hi!

So, what you want to do is average the last 8 entries, correct?

Is the data in a column or a row?

Are there any empty cells within the range?

Biff

"Big H" wrote in message
Hi There,

I have a spreadsheet that each week i have to average the last 8 week
inputs, as you can image each week the last 8 weeks information changes.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Big H

Big H

Hi Biff,

The data is in the row and if there is a zero, i would want to include it in
the calculation

thanks Harry

"Big H" wrote in message
Hi There,

I have a spreadsheet that each week i have to average the last 8 week
inputs, as you can image each week the last 8 weeks information changes.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Big H

RagDyeR

Try this *array* formula for data in A1 to Z1:

=AVERAGE(Z1:INDEX(A1:Z1,LARGE(COLUMN(A1:Z1)*(A1:Z1 <""),8)))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

--

HTH,

RD

"Big H" wrote in message
Hi There,

I have a spreadsheet that each week i have to average the last 8 week
inputs, as you can image each week the last 8 weeks information changes.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Big H

Biff

Hi!

Another way: (assumes no empty cells within the range and that cell A1 is
header)

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,,COUNT(1:1),,-8))

You may want to make sure there are at least 8 values to average:

=IF(COUNT(1:1)<8,"Insufficient Data",AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,,COUNT(1:1),,-8)))

Biff