moseguer

Default Cell reference in diff worksheets

Any help please!

I have one workbook 3 worksheets. The data is exact the same but is sorted
differently on each worksheet. What I want is the data (cell) from worksheet
1 to reference/update the data to workseet 2 and 3 instantly. The cells will
not be the same cells in all 3 worksheets because it is sorted differently.

I am not using numbers I am using text, which is another problem because the
functions are mostly numeric. I just want the same data that I entered in
worksheet1 on A1 to worksheet2 A20 and worksheet3 A40. Is this possible???

There has to be a way
--
moseguer
Bernard Liengme

By keeping 'exactly the same data' in three places you are working against
yourself. Indeed this is one of the major 'sins' in database management.
Why not have one set of data and sort it when needed.
Recording a macro to do a sort is fairly easy. You could even have buttons
to sort it in any of three ways.
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"moseguer" wrote in message
Any help please!

I have one workbook 3 worksheets. The data is exact the same but is sorted
differently on each worksheet. What I want is the data (cell) from
worksheet
1 to reference/update the data to workseet 2 and 3 instantly. The cells
will
not be the same cells in all 3 worksheets because it is sorted
differently.

I am not using numbers I am using text, which is another problem because
the
functions are mostly numeric. I just want the same data that I entered in
worksheet1 on A1 to worksheet2 A20 and worksheet3 A40. Is this
possible???

There has to be a way
--
moseguer

moseguer

Hmmm, I never thought of that. Will the macro work if I have to switch
columns to sort. It should huh... I'll try this. But since I already did the
3 worksheets and if it is possible in Excel, I'd like to know how. If it's
possible. Macro may be the easier, I'll try it, Thanks
--
moseguer