Dan Connors

Default Excel puts a 0 at the end of my number

I am putting large number into a cell, why does Excel changing my last number
to a zero? Is there a way to leave it the way I want it?
Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:49:10 -0800, "Dan Connors"
wrote:

I am putting large number into a cell, why does Excel changing my last number
to a zero? Is there a way to leave it the way I want it?

By a large number, I guess you mean one containing 15 digits.

You need to format the cell as text. You won't of course be able to do
any arithmetic with it.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Dan Connors

Thank you for the quick response.

I did try this and it is still rounding my number. I don't need to calculate
it, but I do need that last number to display. I put the number in quotes,
and than ran a right and left function. This got the number...is there
another way?

wrote:

I am putting large number into a cell, why does Excel changing my last number
to a zero? Is there a way to leave it the way I want it?

By a large number, I guess you mean one containing 15 digits.

You need to format the cell as text. You won't of course be able to do
any arithmetic with it.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Chip Pearson

Precede the number with an apostrophe ('). The apostrophe will
not show in the cell, but will display in the formula bar.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dan Connors" wrote in