Graham

Default Graphs and sheet referencing?

Hi

I've created a worksheet that contains data and 18 graphs related to
the data. I want to use this sheet (without data) like a template, so
I can copy and paste the sheet contents onto adjacent sheets and start
entering different data.
But, how do I stop the graphs from referring to the original worksheet
for the data?
Absolute within the page is fine but what can I do about the worksheet
referencing
Without going into each individual graph to change the worksheet
that's been referenced each time the template is copied

I'm hopping for some copy and paste type option

Thanks

Graham
R.VENKATARAMAN

have I understood your requirements

do this experiment

type some data in a sheet
create a graph in a chart sheet
click the chart series -you get in the formula bar reference to the sheet in
which data is located. highlight the formula bar and click funciton key F9.
the series will change to actual data(without referencing the data sheet).
now hit enter key. now you can copy/move this chart sheet by right click
this chartsheet tab -click move or copy this sheet-check create a copy if
necessary and click move to end if your require and then hit enter(you can
even copy to
a new workbook). click ok.
then go to the copied chart sheet and click the graphs(series) in the
formula you see theactual data and not the data sheet reference

you will get a hang of it.

Graham wrote in message
om...
Hi

I've created a worksheet that contains data and 18 graphs related to
the data. I want to use this sheet (without data) like a template, so
I can copy and paste the sheet contents onto adjacent sheets and start
entering different data.
But, how do I stop the graphs from referring to the original worksheet
for the data?
Absolute within the page is fine but what can I do about the worksheet
referencing
Without going into each individual graph to change the worksheet
that's been referenced each time the template is copied

I'm hopping for some copy and paste type option

Thanks

Graham

Graham

Thanks for the reply, I will investigate you're method

However I had a good trawl using Google and found a couple of methods

I found a macro at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html
that worked well

Then I found a bit about pressing CTRL and dragging the sheet tab.
I know the macro worked and subsequently found the click and drag
worked, if the second method only worked because of me having run the
macro I don't know. Whatever that bits fixed.
Now what I need is--------ummm---- how about winning the lottery

Thanks any way your reply was appreciated

Graham