ksp

Default Excel Holiday Roster Calender

My boss wants a visual representation of what staff have booked annual
leave over the Xmas / New Year period. He is saying that he would like
a calender type view that has what amounts to a bar chart type
representation of what days in say December each staff member is going
to be off on annual leave.

I have all the details of the start and end dates of staff's annual
leave already in excel but need to find a way to convert this into
either a bar chart or just an excel grid that has use some conditional
formatting to shade the annual leave days

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance

KP

--
ksp
ksp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6267

Bob Phillips

Just put the dates across the top row, names in the first column. Where
someone is off, insert an X then select all the cells and use conditional
formatting with an Equal test against X, and click Format, Pattern tab, and
set to a visible colour

--

HTH

RP

"ksp" wrote in message

My boss wants a visual representation of what staff have booked annual
leave over the Xmas / New Year period. He is saying that he would like
a calender type view that has what amounts to a bar chart type
representation of what days in say December each staff member is going
to be off on annual leave.

I have all the details of the start and end dates of staff's annual
leave already in excel but need to find a way to convert this into
either a bar chart or just an excel grid that has use some conditional
formatting to shade the annual leave days

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance

KP

--
ksp
ksp's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482139

ksp

Thanks Bob, I was after something a little more automated but you got me
thinking along the right track, and with a few vlookups to populate the
fields with X's and some conditional formatting I got my grid

Thanks for the insperation

KP