Chris Baker

Default How do I show number of resources by hour in excel?

I have a list of tasks and the time started and time ended. I want to show
by hour how many tasks are being worked with. I have seen this done in a
staffing model where you can see number of staff by hour by entering the
start and end time, but I can not remember how to creat this.
Bob Phillips

Here is an example assuming that the start times are in B, end times in C,
and the input times are D1,D2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B200=D1),--(C2:C200<=D2))

This will give the number of tasks. To get number of staff, you need to say
what the correlation between staff and tasks is.

--

HTH

RP

"Chris Baker" <Chris wrote in message
I have a list of tasks and the time started and time ended. I want to

show
by hour how many tasks are being worked with. I have seen this done in a
staffing model where you can see number of staff by hour by entering the
start and end time, but I can not remember how to creat this.

Ken Wright

Take a look at Pivot tables, you can group date fields into hours with just
a couple of clicks.

Regards
Ken........................

"Chris Baker" <Chris wrote in message
I have a list of tasks and the time started and time ended. I want to show
by hour how many tasks are being worked with. I have seen this done in a
staffing model where you can see number of staff by hour by entering the
start and end time, but I can not remember how to creat this.

Chris Baker

Say the data is as follows:

Employee Time in Time out
A 01:00 05:00
B 02:00 07:00
C 06:00 19:00

I want to see for each hour of day how many employees are on the clock which
will allow me to see utilization by hour. I think I may have phrased the
original question incorrectly.