Paul987

Default Repositioning a cell based on its value

A rather complex (to me) problem:
I have a number that I want to move its position based on its value.
The easiest way to think of it is stock prices. If the value increases
one cent, I want the location of the number to move up one cell. If it
decreases by two cents, I want the location to move down two cells. I
would like to do this without any macros, as I need the flexibilty of
formulas. For instance: cell A1 = 5331

Cell C50 = A1 when A1 = 5331, but if A1 changes to 5332, I want C49 =
A1, and C50 = "". In this manner, the value could move up or down
through column C.

Any one have any ideas? I will check back often to answer any
questions.

Thanks for any and all help.

Paul

--
Paul987
Paul987's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24850

Alok

Hi
Enter the following formula in Cell C50 and copy it up and down as desired.
=IF($A$1=5331+50-ROW(),$A$1,"")
Alok