RamseyR

Default Need formula to have date in cell B2 rounded to first of next mont

Creating a spreadsheet where I can enter an employee's DOH in one cell, and
want a formula to automatically show the first of the month following 60
days. IE:
Cell A2
6/15/05 in cell B2 I put in =A2+60, and it will result in 8/15/05... but I
need it to now "round up" if you will to state 9/1/05... Is there a formula
that will do this????
HELP! :)
--
Rebecca
bpeltzer

To always advance to the first day of the following month:
=DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+1,1)
If the '=60' results in the first of a month, are you supposed to advance
yet another month? If not, use =IF(DAY(B2)=1,B2,DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+1,1))
--Bruce

"RamseyR" wrote:

Creating a spreadsheet where I can enter an employee's DOH in one cell, and
want a formula to automatically show the first of the month following 60
days. IE:
Cell A2
6/15/05 in cell B2 I put in =A2+60, and it will result in 8/15/05... but I
need it to now "round up" if you will to state 9/1/05... Is there a formula
that will do this????
HELP! :)
--
Rebecca