sweett00th

Default sum using multiple criteria across 2 worksheets

I have a document with 2 worksheets (Summary & All Info). I want to
write a formula that can sum up a column only if it matches 2 criterias
on the summary sheet.

I have 2 criterias on the summary tab: cost center # and status
On the All info tab it has a column for cost center #, status, and
zeros and ones for each month to indicate if there is someone filling
this position. I need to add the ones and zeros up for each month
based on it matching the status and cost center #.

Summary Tab:
in cell A1
Cost Center #
in cell B1
status

these 2 need to both be true to sum it up on the All Info tab;

All info tab:
A1: cost center #
B1: status
C1: 1 or 0
c2: 1 or 0
c3: 1 or 0
Column C would need to be added up.

So A1 on the summary tab would need to match A1 on the All info tab
plus B1 would match B1 - and only then woudl it add up All column C
that matches.

Help!

tobriant

Try the sumif function.