Lram

Default Eliminating every 25th row

I have a work sheet that contains a daily summary of hourly data in
every 25th row. I wish to perform calculations on the 24 rows of
hourly data in between the daily data in every 25th row.

How do I eliminate every 25th row. Or can I somehow check the value of
the "hour" cell which equals 25 for the daily data and use that value to
cause the row to be hidden?

--
Lram

Lram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476501

Richard Buttrey

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:04:11 -0500, Lram
wrote:

I have a work sheet that contains a daily summary of hourly data in
every 25th row. I wish to perform calculations on the 24 rows of
hourly data in between the daily data in every 25th row.

How do I eliminate every 25th row. Or can I somehow check the value of
the "hour" cell which equals 25 for the daily data and use that value to
cause the row to be hidden?

If all the 25th rows have some characteristic that is unique to
summary rows, then you could filter the data to show only the summary
rows, then delete all those rows.

If there's no unique character then you could put

=IF(MOD(ROW()-n,25)=0,"Summary","Data")
where n = your first data row,

against the first data row and copy down, now filter on the word
"Summary" and delete the visible rows.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Bob Phillips

If you just want to sum them, use a formula like

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A25,25)<1),A1:A25)

adjust the range to suit, and understand that the <1 refers to the first
row. If you want to ignore some other in the series, adjust that as well.

--

HTH

RP

"Lram" wrote in message

I have a work sheet that contains a daily summary of hourly data in
every 25th row. I wish to perform calculations on the 24 rows of
hourly data in between the daily data in every 25th row.

How do I eliminate every 25th row. Or can I somehow check the value of
the "hour" cell which equals 25 for the daily data and use that value to
cause the row to be hidden?

--
Lram

Lram's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476501

Daniel.M

Bob,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A25,25)<1),A1:A25)

Didn't you left some ROW()s out there! ;-)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A25),25)<1),A1:A25)

Regards,

Daniel M.