irresistible007

Default First and last entry

Hi every one :)

MY PROB #1:

I am having a statement of transaction in a Chronological order lets
says the Col A is for date, Col B is for description and so on....

I want a formula which could provide me the date of last transaction on
sheet and the date of first transaction on sheet...

MY PROB #2:

I want a IF type formula... which should check the range of cells (from
Bottom to Top) If the condition is met by a cell should display the
contents of that cell and if not should check for the next cell in
range... but the thing is that it should start checking from bottom...

--
irresistible007

irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2260923

ScottO

Your Prob #1:
First Trans Date =MIN(A:A)
Last Trans Date =MAX(A:A)

Your Prob #2:
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, so it's still your
prob ;)

Rgds,
ScottO

"irresistible007"
wrote in
message ...

| Hi every one :)
|
| MY PROB #1:
|
| I am having a statement of transaction in a Chronological order
lets
| says the Col A is for date, Col B is for description and so on....
|
| I want a formula which could provide me the date of last
transaction on
| sheet and the date of first transaction on sheet...
|

| MY PROB #2:
|
| I want a IF type formula... which should check the range of cells
(from
| Bottom to Top) If the condition is met by a cell should display the
| contents of that cell and if not should check for the next cell in
| range... but the thing is that it should start checking from
bottom...

| --
| irresistible007

-----
| irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
| View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2260923

Bob Phillips

=MAX(A1:A20)

and

=MIN(IF(A1:A20<"",A1:A20))

which is an array formula so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter