scheins

Default need to calculate time multiplied

i need to calculate a total time times by $4.00

for example the hours are 3:50 and i need it to be multiplied by 4

any help would be appreciated.

scheins

--
scheins
scheins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27628

swatsp0p

You need to calculate your time as such:

(End time - Start time) multiplied by 24 then the result multiplied by
$4. format this cell as Currency.

Example:

A1 is the start time (13:00)
B1 is the end time (16:50)
C1 is the rate ($4.00)
D1 (formatted as Currency): =(B1-A1)*24*C1

This returns $15.33

good luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475077

Niek Otten

=A1/24*B1

Since time in Excel is stored as a fraction of a day

Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"scheins" wrote in
message ...

i need to calculate a total time times by $4.00

for example the hours are 3:50 and i need it to be multiplied by 4

any help would be appreciated.

scheins

--
scheins
scheins's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475077

scheins

This is my set up
col a col b col c col d
Date Start End Total Hours
8-Sep 8:45 AM 12:30:00 3:50

i tried to rework your formula to what i have but it did not work

--
scheins
scheins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475077

scheins

ok i got it to give me a number but it did not calculate correctly it
gave me only 15.00

sorry about the other post it just did not work before now and i just
redid it

--
scheins
scheins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475077

BenjieLop

scheins Wrote:
This is my set up
col a col b col c col d
Date Start End Total Hours
8-Sep 8:45 AM 12:30:00 3:50

i tried to rework your formula to what i have but it did not work

Your cells for "Start" and "End" must be time formatted for the formula
to work.

BTW, how can (12:30 - 8:45) be equal to 3:50? Shouldn't this be 3:45?

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475077