Nocomputergeek

Default How do I move information between worksheets?

I have 12 separate spreadsheets that sum dollar amounts in a single cell. I
created a thirteenth spreadsheet which summarizes all the info. I want to
input a cell formula that will bring the final value into the "Summary"
spreadsheet but can't figure out the right formula to use.

Roger Govier

Hi

If you are wanting to total the same cell across the 12 sheets, then on
Sheet 13
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!A1)
Or, if you want to vary the range of sheets being summed, then
Create a blank sheet called First, and another called Last and use the
formula
=SUM(First:Last!A1)

Make sure that Sheet13 is outside of the range First and Last, but by
dragging the Last sheet (Right mouse click on sheet tab and drag), then
you can vary the number of sheet being summed.

Regards

Roger Govier