Pedro Fonseca

Default Aggregating categorized information from several worksheets

Greetings!

I have several worksheets (one for each bank account) that have my
financial information. In every worksheet I have this information
arranged in the same way: date, description, category, type of
operation (debit or credit), amount, and finaly on the last column the
total. In every worksheet this information is arranged in a row
fashion, with the more recent operations at the bottom.

What I would like was to take all these categories, that are common in
every worksheet, and produce grand totals for a given month... Imagine
I have 6 categories: clothes, car, travel, food, household, kids. I'd
like to have a table in a separate worksheet, with one row for each of
these categories (just an example) and the grand total for each
category, summed from all the worksheets. After that I could produce
all sorts of graphics from it...

This is way out of my league, as far as my knowledge of Excel goes...
Would anyone please provide some pointers?

Best regards.
Biff

Hi!

This is way out of my league, as far as my knowledge of Excel goes...

Don't feel bad. It's "out of the league" for probably 90% of Excel users!

Until I replied, just how many other replies did you get?

Basically, what you want to do is pretty simple but you should do it in 2
steps. Instead of accumulating a "grand total" get a total for each account
and then total all the totals.

Send me an email and I'll put together a sample file for you. I'm at:

xl "can" help at comcast period net

Get rid of the quoted stuff and and change the obvious.

Biff

om...