Bob

Default for SUMIF function, how do I use 2 sets of range & criteria

I am trying to sum one column set if it meets the conditions of two other
column sets
Example
Site Level Work Effort
A 1 .2
A 2 .1
A 2 .15
B 2 .6
C 3 .1
In this example I want to sum Work effort for all Level 2s that reside in
Site A. Basically it requires two sets of Range/Criteria in the Sum if
function. Is this possible? I am have trouble trying to include it in the
formula
Rowan Drummond

You can use a sumproduct function:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$100="A"),--($B$2:$B$100=1),$C$2:$C$100)

and of course you can change the "A" and 1 to reference cells containing
those values.

Hope this helps
Rowan

Bob wrote:
I am trying to sum one column set if it meets the conditions of two other
column sets
Example
Site Level Work Effort
A 1 .2
A 2 .1
A 2 .15
B 2 .6
C 3 .1
In this example I want to sum Work effort for all Level 2s that reside in
Site A. Basically it requires two sets of Range/Criteria in the Sum if
function. Is this possible? I am have trouble trying to include it in the
formula

Biff

Hi!

A1 = A
B1 = 2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A5:A50=A1),--(B5:B50=B1),C5:C50)

Biff

"Bob" wrote in message
I am trying to sum one column set if it meets the conditions of two other
column sets
Example
Site Level Work Effort
A 1 .2
A 2 .1
A 2 .15
B 2 .6
C 3 .1
In this example I want to sum Work effort for all Level 2s that reside in
Site A. Basically it requires two sets of Range/Criteria in the Sum if
function. Is this possible? I am have trouble trying to include it in the
formula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kalida Williams

I just wanted to say thank you. I've been working on a similar project just
as Bob was for about 3 days now and just stumbled upon this community.
within an hour I was able to answer my question with this posting.

THANKS MUCH!
Kalida

Bob wrote:
I am trying to sum one column set if it meets the conditions of two other
column sets
Example
Site Level Work Effort
A 1 .2
A 2 .1
A 2 .15
B 2 .6
C 3 .1
In this example I want to sum Work effort for all Level 2s that reside in
Site A. Basically it requires two sets of Range/Criteria in the Sum if
function. Is this possible? I am have trouble trying to include it in the
formula

Passing a range name as an argument to the Index Function Michael Sharpe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 September 5th 12 01:33 PM
"COUNTU" function in Excel to count unique entries in a range WayneL Excel Worksheet Functions 20 September 19th 08 03:50 AM
Number range function Sonya T Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 19th 05 01:19 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Function that filters a list (Database) for criteria in a range a. FirstVette52 Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 8th 05 04:37 PM