xcelion

Default Unary + Operator

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me what is the use of unary operator + in formulas(like
=+B4) .What does it mean? .

Thanks in advance
Xcelion

--
xcelion
xcelion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16287

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 05:54:54 -0500, xcelion
wrote:

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me what is the use of unary operator + in formulas(like
=+B4) .What does it mean? .

It is completely unnecessary in Microsoft Excel in that formula.

You would have to ask the particular user for his reason.

--ron
Jerry W. Lewis

It means that the person who wrote it used to use Lotus, and has not
become that proficient in Excel.

Jerry

xcelion wrote:

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me what is the use of unary operator + in formulas(like
=+B4) .What does it mean? .

Ken Wright

As Jerry said, they are a hang over from someone's Lotus days. If they bug
you (and they do me), you can probably do a find and replace on your sheet,
replacing =+ with =

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03