meris

Default sum with criteria

I have an invoice & payments tracker for sub-contractors, im trying to create
a formula which will allow me to calculate how much each contractor is owed.

For each job, the subbie is allocated a proportion of the total invoice, and
gets paid when the client pays

At the moment I have something like this:

Subbie Subbies commission Date Client Paid
Adam 100
John 200 1/09/2005
John 50
Adam 300 5/09/2005
John 100

I need a formula to add all of Adams commissions which have NOT been paid
by the client, ie = 100

Then another formula to add all of Johns commissions which have NOT been
paid by the client, ie = 150

Im sure its really simple, Ive been trying to figure it out but keep
getting #VALUE errors

Thanks heaps!

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="Adam"),--(C1:C10=""),B1:B10)

Better to use a cell to hold the name:

D1 = Adam

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10=D1),--(C1:C10=""),B1:B10)

Biff

"meris" wrote in message
[...]

Peo Sjoblom

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="Adam"),--(C2:C10<""),B2:B10)

replace "Adam" with a cell reference and then change the name in the cell,
this assumes that empty cells (in date range) are not paid and non empty
paid

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"meris" wrote in message
[...]

Peo Sjoblom

Oops! Change the <"" to ="" like in Biff's answer, I reversed it

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)