ferde

Default using countif in isolated cells not a range

I know how to use countif in a range but what if I want to add text in a big
spreadsheet when the text is not in a range so I can total how many
supervisors are sched for pm's?
A B C
1 Shift Classification Supervisor
2 day orientee
3 pm orientee
4 pm S
4 day S
5 pm S
Ken Wright

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="PM"),--(C1:C100="Supervisor"))

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03