Debbie L.

Default How do I share data in different worksheets?

I have one excel spreadsheet that I am inputting data for tracking purposes.
I need
to also print out this information, in a different format, and forward to an
end
user. I have set up a second excel spreadsheet in the format necessary.

Currently the information from spreadsheet 1 is automatically populating into
spreadsheet 2. BUT- for every record I add I have to continually go into
spreadsheet 2 and update the row number within the formula to pull in the
correct data. Is there a way so that as I key in each row - the record will
automatically populate correctly within spreadsheet 2?

Otto Moehrbach

Debbie
I have done much the same thing many times. For my needs I just wrote a
macro to populate the "print" sheet and do the printing and all. Updating
the row number in a number of formulas every time you want to update and
print is not the way to go. The macro can be written to use the last row as
the source or to use the current row as the source. Post back if you are
interested in this approach. HTH Otto
"Debbie L." <Debbie wrote in message
I have one excel spreadsheet that I am inputting data for tracking
purposes.
I need
to also print out this information, in a different format, and forward to
an
end
user. I have set up a second excel spreadsheet in the format necessary.

Currently the information from spreadsheet 1 is automatically populating
into
spreadsheet 2. BUT- for every record I add I have to continually go into
spreadsheet 2 and update the row number within the formula to pull in the
correct data. Is there a way so that as I key in each row - the record
will
automatically populate correctly within spreadsheet 2?

Otto Moehrbach

For me to give you anything of use to you I have to know the layout of your
data (what is in what column?) and the layout of your form (what goes
where?). Finally I need to know how you want this to happen. For instance,
do you want everything to happen automatically upon you filling in some cell
in some column? Or do you want to click on a button and have it all happen
with the last row? Or maybe click on a button and have it all happen with
every row on the sheet, one row after the other?
It would be best for you to send me direct via email a small file
showing what you have (where you fill in data) and where you want it copied
(the form). If you feel your data is proprietary, just make up some data.
I need just the layout (columns and rows). My email address is
. Remove the "nop" from this address. HTH Otto

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Debbie L.

I just forwarded a sample of the spreadsheets to your attention. I hope I have
explained it well enough to make some sense. Let me know if you need anything
else. Again - thanks so much for your help.

Deb