Intercorp

Default How can I set a input range for entrying data.

I have created a table from Cell C1:I25. I want to enter amounts($) into
each cell, hit enter and move to the cell below. After I have enter cell C25
I would like to have the active cell become D1 and allow me to enter more
data down the D column until D25 and then move to cell E1, and so on until
I25, without having to look up continously. I would like for the worksheet to
stop allowing me to enter data with a warning message or just stop accepting
data period, or possible move to new table on the same worksheet.

I work in a bank and this is a double check for us to keep track of checks
deposited manually. It's a simple table but we do not want to move down the
worksheet for 200 cells.

I have tried to highlight the table which allows us to move through the
table correctly, but sometimes we miss hit a key and we must start over
again, which sometimes can be a pain in the back side.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Marco's, data range settings, etc...

Thanks
Gord Dibben

I have tried to highlight the table which allows us to move through the
table correctly, but sometimes we miss hit a key and we must start over
again, which sometimes can be a pain in the back side.

Are you saying that just some of the cells in the range C1:I25 will have data
entered?

If so, go through the table once using CTRL + Click to select the cells
starting with the second one in order.

With these cells selected, InsertNameCreate.

Give your range a name.

Set your ENTER key to move down when hit(ToolsOptionsEdit)

To enter data, click on Name Box at top left and pick your named range.

Start entering data.

To have a warning pop up when you leave I25 add this code to your sheet.

Right-click on sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste into that module.

Select Case Target.Address
Case "$I$25"
MsgBox "You can stop now"
Range("K25").Select 'adjust to suit