VeronicaO

Default Formatting minutes and seconds to calculate a total average

Please help. I am entering minutes and seconds...i.e. 34:10 into a
worksheet to be charted. One column is number of calls, the other column is
minutes and seconds. At the bottom of the column I need an AVERAGE of the
total minutes and seconds. I've tried to format the cells for mm:ss but it
seems to convert the time to hh;mm;ss? Any suggestions.....Please help I'm
going crazy trying to figure this out.
Alan

Try formatting as 'Custom'
[hh]:mm:ss
Enter the time elapsed as 15:30 or 68:25 etc,
Regards,
Alan.
"VeronicaO" wrote in message
Please help. I am entering minutes and seconds...i.e. 34:10 into a
worksheet to be charted. One column is number of calls, the other column
is
minutes and seconds. At the bottom of the column I need an AVERAGE of the
total minutes and seconds. I've tried to format the cells for mm:ss but
it
seems to convert the time to hh;mm;ss? Any suggestions.....Please help
I'm
going crazy trying to figure this out.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Excel interprets your entries as "hh:mm"

Enter a number 60 into some free cell and copy it. Select the range with
your time values, and then PasteSpacialDivide. Format the range as "mm:ss".
Delete the number 60 entred at start (to avoid confusion). When entering
further times, enter them as "0:mm:ss".

Arvi Laanemets

"VeronicaO" wrote in message
Please help. I am entering minutes and seconds...i.e. 34:10 into a
worksheet to be charted. One column is number of calls, the other column

is
minutes and seconds. At the bottom of the column I need an AVERAGE of the
total minutes and seconds. I've tried to format the cells for mm:ss but

it
seems to convert the time to hh;mm;ss? Any suggestions.....Please help

I'm
going crazy trying to figure this out.

JR

With the format that have, enter the times like this...
0:15:09
15 minutes and 9 seconds... it will appear like this 15:09