Martins

Default Cell formatting

I inherited a large spreadsheet at work/ when I format a column of cells as
Special/Zip Code the result is returning two decimal places 890.15 / I Clear
the formatting but it still returns two decimal places/ is there a master
setting that calculates all entries on entry with decimal places ? ; if so
how does one reset it so there are no decimal places ?