Candy

Default Replace a number with text

When I enter in a #, I want it to enter in the text instead of the number.
For example: 1=Corp; 3=BPGS; 5=Rodney. I want this to apply to an entire
column so that I can just go down, enter in the number and the word will
enter in.

Pls help
Roger Govier

Hi Candy

Assuming you put a list of your numbers and names on Sheet2, in columns
A and B e.g

1 Corps
2 Something else
3 BPGS
etc.

Then on Sheet1 in cell B1 enter
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$100,2,0)
changing the range to include the last row you have entered data.
Copy this down column B then as you enter any number in column A, the
corresponding name will appear in column B.

Regards

Roger Govier