Roni

Default Format Number to Text

Hi All,

Need your advise for the following:
I have numbers in column A ranging from 1 to 99999999 in sheet1. In
sheet2, I have the numbers in text format (8 character).

If in sheet1 the number is 10, in sheet2 it will be 00000010 (text
format).
How can I change the format in sheet1 to 8 character text like the
format I have in sheet2?
I can format it to 8 digit number using format cell, custom, then I
put 00000000 but I do not know how to convert it to 8 character text.

Thanks,
Roni

Roni

Let me clarify: I can do that using combination of if and concatenate
function....
Any other ideas how to do this?

Roni

arno

Hi Roni wrote:

If in sheet1 the number is 10, in sheet2 it will be 00000010 (text
format).
How can I change the format in sheet1 to 8 character text like the
format I have in sheet2?

=text(a1, "00000000")

arno