dbl

Default Number is in a text format

Hi I have the following formula in cell B9

=INDEX(Sheet1!H:H,MATCH(B12,Sheet1!A:A,0),1)

Which brings the result I need, but when I have other cells that link to
B9 the rest of the spreadsheet doesn't work. When you look at the result
the number it finds is in a text format which my other formulas do not recognise.
How do I over come this problem?

If you type the number in the cell instead of using the Index Match formula
the rest
of the spreadsheet works ok.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Bob