Zach

Default how to change the default formatting of comments in excel?

Could some one please help me to change the default formatting
[text,background color, border lines etc.] on a permanent basis.

I know that we could change the format of one comment in the excel
worksheet, by selecting the border of that comment and then pressing
"Cntrl+1". But that works forjust one cell comment, what if I wanna have it
changed for all future work puposes. Would appreciate your assistance ..
thanks
David McRitchie

Hi Zach,
Excel uses the Tahoma font for new comment boxes, and you cannot change
that default. You can set the default interior color, the font color, and the fontsize in the
Control Panel (Display, Appearance, Tool Tip). Also see "Retain a copy of your
Original Control Display Settings" (link) for some precautions to backup what you already
have for a color display scheme. before changing them.

Additional information, macros, and links at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#font

---
HTH,