cdu311

Default A bit of a Stumper

Hi Folks,

this is my first post here, could anyone help me out a bit, basically
what i am trying to do is to use excel to calculate maximum mortgage
term available to someone, for example, i want to input the persons
date of birth (23/07/75) and i want it to calculate the maximum term
they can have a mortgage for up to the maximum age 67. Do i make any
sense here. Whether the response comes through for excel or excel vb i
am willing to try anything.

Many Thanks

Lee Elliot

--
cdu311
cdu311's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27051

Ian

This doen't quite work. It takes no account of the time of year. If you
change the birthdate to be later in the year that today, you should expect
the resultant number of years to change.

A1 =TODAY()
A2 is birthdate
A3 =DATE(YEAR(A2)+67,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))
Year calculation
=YEAR(A3)-YEAR(A1)-IF(OR(MONTH(A3)<MONTH(A1),AND(MONTH(A3)=MONTH(A1), DAY(A3)<DAY(A1))),1,0)

--
Ian
--

"cdu311" wrote:

Hi Folks,

this is my first post here, could anyone help me out a bit, basically
what i am trying to do is to use excel to calculate maximum mortgage
term available to someone, for example, i want to input the persons
date of birth (23/07/75) and i want it to calculate the maximum term
they can have a mortgage for up to the maximum age 67. Do i make any
sense here. Whether the response comes through for excel or excel vb i
am willing to try anything.

Many Thanks

Lee Elliot

--
cdu311
cdu311's Profile:
View this thread:

cdu311

Thanks for that - it works lovley but i would also like to
include months, erm - sorry to be a pain in the neck. if i type in (for
example) 12/08/1980 it comes back with 39 years but i need to show
months as well because it would actually be 39 years 11 months based on
65 year finish (41 years 11 months based on 67 year finish).

Much appreciated - you rock Ian!!!

Thanks

Lee

--
cdu311
cdu311's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=468258

bj

try the datedif() function
(not covered in help unless you have 2000)
=datedif(birthdate.today(),"y") for years
=datedif(birthdate.today(),"ym") for monthssince last bithday
=datedif(birthdate.today(),"md") for if you are also interested in days
You can see more info at

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

"cdu311" wrote:

Thanks for that - it works lovley but i would also like to
include months, erm - sorry to be a pain in the neck. if i type in (for
example) 12/08/1980 it comes back with 39 years but i need to show
months as well because it would actually be 39 years 11 months based on
65 year finish (41 years 11 months based on 67 year finish).

Much appreciated - you rock Ian!!!

Thanks

Lee

--
cdu311
cdu311's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=468258

cdu311

IT WORKS. Many Thanks guys for your help

Much appreciated

Lee

;)