Ian

This doen't quite work. It takes no account of the time of year. If you
change the birthdate to be later in the year that today, you should expect
the resultant number of years to change.

A1 =TODAY()
A2 is birthdate
A3 =DATE(YEAR(A2)+67,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))
Year calculation
=YEAR(A3)-YEAR(A1)-IF(OR(MONTH(A3)<MONTH(A1),AND(MONTH(A3)=MONTH(A1), DAY(A3)<DAY(A1))),1,0)

--
Ian
--
"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
I put 1/18/1945 in B18, and =TODAY() in C18 and =67-(YEAR(C18)-YEAR(B18))
in
another cell and got 7.00 (with the right formatting)
--
Gary''s Student

"cdu311" wrote:

Hi Folks,

this is my first post here, could anyone help me out a bit, basically
what i am trying to do is to use excel to calculate maximum mortgage
term available to someone, for example, i want to input the persons
date of birth (23/07/75) and i want it to calculate the maximum term
they can have a mortgage for up to the maximum age 67. Do i make any
sense here. Whether the response comes through for excel or excel vb i
am willing to try anything.

Many Thanks

Lee Elliot

--