Ket

Default Locking a table

Hello,

I am using excel 2003 and have created a small table, 4 colums wide by
5 rows.
I have inserted this table as an object into a Microsoft word 2003
document.
When I double click this table in Word I have excel functionality,
unfortunately, it also means that a user can scroll around the table
and take it out of view. I have hidden the column headers and scroll
bars.

Is there a way that this table can be locked so that a user can only
see the 4x5 table?

Thanks in advance.

Ket
London.
Ian

Instead of inserting as an object, copy the relevant cells then paste
special into Word. You can opt to keep the table linked to the original so
any change in the original will be reflected, or to break the link for
static data.

--
Ian
--
"Ket" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using excel 2003 and have created a small table, 4 colums wide by
5 rows.
I have inserted this table as an object into a Microsoft word 2003
document.
When I double click this table in Word I have excel functionality,
unfortunately, it also means that a user can scroll around the table
and take it out of view. I have hidden the column headers and scroll
bars.

Is there a way that this table can be locked so that a user can only
see the 4x5 table?

Thanks in advance.

Ket
London.

Ket

Ian,

Thanks for this. What I should have mentiond also is that the user
will need to open the embedded excel table and change 3 cell values
before coming out.
The idea of a linked image file is a good one if it wasn't for this.

Still greatful for any input - Thanks!