Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default The time should fall in between the shift timings only

Hi Friends,

I am creating a project management sheet in google, where I need to record the actual time the task started and the planned time the task was supposed to start. It works with timestamps and the data is being picked up from google form. Once the project starts, we have to calculate the planned time by adding the required hours for each project. the condition here is that the time calculated should fall in between the shift timings i.e between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM and not beyond that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Friends,

I am creating a project management sheet in google, where I need to record
the actual time the task started and the planned time the task was supposed
to start. It works with timestamps and the data is being picked up from
google form. Once the project starts, we have to calculate the planned time
by adding the required hours for each project. the condition here is that the
time calculated should fall in between the shift timings i.e between 9:30 AM
to 6:30 PM and not beyond that.

Google Sheets *is not Excel* and so you should consult its own online user
guide for how to use it.

You need to get your business logic sorted out:
Time to complete a project has nothing to do with 'shift hours', but it does
affect how many worker hours will be required to complete the project. That
will determine the number of workers required for the number of 'shifts' it
will take to complete the project. The number of shifts will edpend on the
number of workers available per shift.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!