Old May 11th 15, 05:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup and Countif

Good Day!

I have a worksheet having "Names" in one column and "Status" (Pending or Complete) in the other column. I want to check name by comparing the status.

I mean to say that suppose how many jobs "James" has completed and how many are pending with him and so on with other names. I tried to use Vlookup and countif functions at the same time but no required result found.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Umran

Old May 11th 15, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Umran,

Am Sun, 10 May 2015 21:19:10 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I mean to say that suppose how many jobs "James" has completed and how many are pending with him and so on with other names. I tried to use Vlookup and countif functions at the same time but no required result found.

try:
=COUNTIFS(A:A,"James",B:B,"Complete")
or
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="James"),--(B1:B1000="Complete"))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional