Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using DGET, help please

I have a database of inventory labeled by part number and color that I have on hand inventory updated when parts are bought or used. I have other sheets in the same workbook that are projects with part numbers and colors needed to complete that project. I want to have a cell in the project sheet that lets me know for each part needed if I have enough inventory on hand to complete that project.

inventory sheet
column heading NUMBER COLOR ON HAND
(each part # could have multiple colors so it would need to match # and color and then bring back the value in in ON HAND column)