justinelliott

Default using filters with the sum function

Hi,

I have 5 columns of data (please see attachment). What I would really
like to do is to only add up the data in the 4 columns that are between
2 dates. For example, I would like to specify that all numbers in the
'calls made' column that are between 14/09/05 and 16/09/05 in the 'date
changed' column are added up but leaving out all other data that does
not fall between these two dates.

I hope this is clear and I would be extremely grateful if someone could
steer me in the right direction!

Many many many thanks

Justin

|Filename: screen1.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3806 |

justinelliott
justinelliott's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27176
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466817

pdberger

Here's one way:

A B C
Result in 'C' column
1 Starting Date 9/14/2005
2 Ending Date 9/16/2005
3
4 Calls Made Date
5 5 9/13/2005 =if(and(b5=$b$1,b5<=$b$2),a5,0)
6 4 9/14/2005
7 2 9/15/2005
8 6 9/16/2005
9 7 9/17/2005

hope that helps.

"justinelliott" wrote:

[...]

Domenic

If you want to sum Column B where the corresponding date in Column A
equals Sepember 15, 2005, try...

=SUMIF(A2:A10,"2005/09/15",B2:B10)

If you want to sum Column B where the corresponding date in Column A is
greater than or equal to 2005/09/14 and less than or equal to
2005/09/16, try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="2005/09/14"+0),--(A2:A10<="2005/09/16"+0),B2:B10)

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10=G2),--(A2:A10<=H2),B2:B10)

....where G2 contains your start date, and H2 contains your end date.

Hope this helps!

In article
,
justinelliott
wrote:

Hi,

I have 5 columns of data (please see attachment). What I would really
like to do is to only add up the data in the 4 columns that are between
2 dates. For example, I would like to specify that all numbers in the
'calls made' column that are between 14/09/05 and 16/09/05 in the 'date
changed' column are added up but leaving out all other data that does
not fall between these two dates.

I hope this is clear and I would be extremely grateful if someone could
steer me in the right direction!

Many many many thanks

Justin

|Filename: screen1.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3806 |

justinelliott

Fantastic! Absolutely perfect - thanks!

--
justinelliott
justinelliott's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27176
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466817

Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Function that filters a list (Database) for criteria in a range a. FirstVette52 Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 8th 05 04:37 PM