Junior Member

Default Help with a formula for a Time Sheet.

I'm trying to create a "Time Sheet" of sorts for people in my department at work. I have a formula that will calculate the amount of time they've worked for the day, based on their start, break and end times. Now I would like a formula that will count their time for the week and if the amount isn't 40 hours, tell them how much time they still need. We can flex our time if need be, and I was trying to make it easy for them to see how much time they would need to make up if they worked a couple days with odd hours. Trying to make things easier is proving to be more difficult than I thought for some reason. Any help?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:30:30 +0000, SarahAshlee wrote:

I'm trying to create a "Time Sheet" of sorts for people in my department
at work. I have a formula that will calculate the amount of time they've
worked for the day, based on their start, break and end times. Now I
would like a formula that will count their time for the week and if the
amount isn't 40 hours, tell them how much time they still need. We can
flex our time if need be, and I was trying to make it easy for them to
see how much time they would need to make up if they worked a couple
days with odd hours. Trying to make things easier is proving to be more
difficult than I thought for some reason. Any help?

This sounds like a homework assignment, but:

If the hours worked in the week are in B1, your formula is
=MAX(40-B1,0)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...