Junior Member

Default Merge Name List Within Excel Spreadsheet

I'm working on a conference billing where each student will pay a certain amount in fees, plus other assorted charges. I have the billing form set up in Excel, but want to merge the student's name IN TO the form.

I tried putting the list of students on the form, and then inserting a page break between each name with the end result that the form would print - and a single student's name & class would appear at the bottom of the sheet. For some reason Excel won't put in the page breaks (and I can't view the page breaks because Excel has deemed "Page Break Preview" unnecessary). I know how to use page breaks - they just aren't working. Is the concept flawed - do I have to do this in MS Word and merge the student list in to THAT? I'd rather have it one package/form! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joannie,

Am Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:38:19 +0000 schrieb JoannieMaj:

I tried putting the list of students on the form, and then inserting a
page break between each name with the end result that the form would
print - and a single student's name & class would appear at the bottom
of the sheet. For some reason Excel won't put in the page breaks (and I
can't view the page breaks because Excel has deemed "Page Break Preview"
unnecessary).

have a look:
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for workbook "HPageBreaks".
Rightclick and download it because macros are disabled in SkyDrive.
If that would not help, please upload your file and post the link here.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Hi Claus! I'm going to set up a sample of what I want but this is my first shot at a SkyDrive account:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...B49CDD0171!105

See if that works, it's easier to see it thank explain it.
THANKS!!!!
Joannie

QUOTE=Claus Busch;1614746]Hi Joannie,

have a look:
for workbook "HPageBreaks".
Rightclick and download it because macros are disabled in SkyDrive.
If that would not help, please upload your file and post the link here.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2[/quote]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joannie,

Am Sat, 2 Nov 2013 02:08:55 +0000 schrieb JoannieMaj:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...B49CDD0171!105

please look he
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for workbook "FormPrint"
Rightclick and download it because macros are disabled in SkyDrive.
The macro inserts one participant after the other in B10 and prints a
copy for each of them.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Well CRAP. I can't open it with any functionality because "Visual Basic Macros do not work in Excel 2008 for Mac". If I say "open it anyway" there is no functionality. Microsoft makes me absolutely NUTS sometimes.
I'm going to have to mail merge the lists into a MS Word doc, I guess.
Just thought it would be SO NICE to have it all in one tidy little sheet!
Thanks so much for your help - you are a superstar!
Joannie