Junior Member

Thumbs up Vlookup

Hello,

I have a database which inclued per ex :

A b c d
Quantity Name date account
0.150 xxx 31.07.2013 120
0.140 xxx 31.07.2013 130
0.120 xxx 31.07.2013 140
120 yyy 31.05.2013 10
2 yyy 31.05.2013 18

I am trying to get the date for the name "x" with the formula
vlookup("x";database!A:D;3;false)

Someone can help me with this?

but it give an #N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup

Hi Carina,

Am Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:10:06 +0100 schrieb carina21:

Quantity Name date account
0.150 xxx 31.07.2013 120
0.140 xxx 31.07.2013 130
0.120 xxx 31.07.2013 140
120 yyy 31.05.2013 10
2 yyy 31.05.2013 18

you have to look for the whole name. And the search column in VLOOKUP
has to be the most left column of the matrix.
Try:
=VLOOKUP("xxx",B:C,2,0)
or
=VLOOKUP(B2,B:C,2,0)