Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel copy and paste...

Hi,
how can I easily copy values from this situation
column A
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

to this situation:
columnA - column B - column C
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Thanks for your help!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menestrello View Post
Hi,
how can I easily copy values from this situation
column A
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

to this situation:
columnA - column B - column C
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Thanks for your help!
you can either do it manually by copying the data you want, contingent its sequently rows, and paste special and transpose the data, which will copy it across into columns or you have to write code to parse for every 3 pieces of data write into each column and then go to next row. I can write the code if you want, depends on how much you have, might just be easier to manually copy and paste special.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--

osuejm1026

Thanks, I tried this suggestion from a user:
in B1: =INDIRECT("R"&REF.ROW(A1)*3-2&"C1";0)
in C1: =INDIRECT("R"&REF.ROW(A1)*3-1&"C1";0)
in D1: =INDIRECT("R"&REF.ROW(A1)*3&"C1";0)
(... WELL i TRANSLATED HERE THE FORMULA FROM iTALIAN eXCEL... HOPE IT'S THE SAME

And it worked fine!

Thanks for your help!