Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel copy + paste

When I open up a new Excel workbook and try to paste cells from another
workbook it is pasting the cells as a ( bmp ) It actually pastes the cells
as
a picture and the picture tool opens. I can paste cells fine within the same
workbook but once I open another workbook and try to paste into it this
happens. Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are opening the second workbook in its own instance of Excel so you have
two instances running.

They do not see each other so you get the behaviour you describe.

Close one instance and workbook then open workbook again in the other single
instance.

To prevent this when opening a second workbook, go to ToolsOptionsGeneral
and uncheck "Ignore other applications"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP