Junior Member

Default How do I make #DIV/0! error message go away?

I have the following function in cell C86:

=(B86-B87)/ABS(B87)

B86 value = .04
B87 value = 0

I am getting the following error message in cell C86: #DIV/0!

How can I make the error message go away and in what cell would I place the new function/code?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:08:49 +0100 schrieb yeto:

I have the following function in cell C86:

=(B86-B87)/ABS(B87)

B86 value = .04
B87 value = 0

I am getting the following error message in cell C86: #DIV/0!

try:
=IFERROR((B86-B87)/ABS(B87),"")
or
=IF(B87=0,"",(B86-B87)/ABS(B87))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Thank you -- I will give it a try. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post