Junior Member

Default Simple Macros Table Count

Hi,

I'm trying to build a formula that will count the position of a cell relative to a list. You'll find a pic attached.

When I select "34" from the drop down menu, the table automatically populates cell h10 with the #34. I need to know what position 34 is relative to the list (report 34 would be the second report on the list)

How can I do this? The match function does not work.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:18:12 PM UTC-7, arceaf wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to build a formula that will count the position of a cell

relative to a list. You'll find a pic attached.

When I select "34" from the drop down menu, the table automatically

populates cell h10 with the #34. I need to know what position 34 is

relative to the list (report 34 would be the second report on the list)

How can I do this? The match function does not work.

Thank you!

|Filename: match function with numbers.JPG |

|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=886|

This works for me.

In J10 =MATCH(H10,B4:B10,0)
In H10 =E7
In E7 is a drop down with the values listed in B4:B10

When E7 shows 34 J10 returns 2.

Regards,
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Mon, 1 Jul 2013 03:18:12 +0100 schrieb arceaf:

When I select "34" from the drop down menu, the table automatically
populates cell h10 with the #34. I need to know what position 34 is
relative to the list (report 34 would be the second report on the list)

choose H10 as linked cell for the combo box. Then H10 shows you the
position (item number)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi again,

Am Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:13:23 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

choose H10 as linked cell for the combo box. Then H10 shows you the
position (item number)

the suggestion above is for form controls.
If you have a ActiveX control then try:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
[H10] = ComboBox1.ListIndex + 1
End Sub