Junior Member

Default Multiple column scroll

I have researched for 2 days but cannot locate a solution. I have a spreadsheet where I have frozen the first 2 columns and the first two rows. To the right are columns of data in pairs. 2 columns represent 1 day and data is entered across both columns. We are having trouble with multiple users entering data across the wrong 2 columns and splitting days. I want to be able to use the scroll bar and have the spreadsheet advance 2 columns instead of the standard 1 to keep the days in pairs. I am at a loss.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just a thought

Have you considered color-coding each pair of columns, thus indicating
to the user that they represent the same grouping.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have researched for 2 days but cannot locate a solution. I have a
spreadsheet where I have frozen the first 2 columns and the first two
rows. To the right are columns of data in pairs. 2 columns represent
1 day and data is entered across both columns. We are having trouble
with multiple users entering data across the wrong 2 columns and
splitting days. I want to be able to use the scroll bar and have the
spreadsheet advance 2 columns instead of the standard 1 to keep the
days in pairs. I am at a loss.

You can scroll left/right one screen at a time using PgUp/PgDn while
holding down the *Alt* key. (PgUp=left; PgDn=right)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Junior Member

Yes, I have thought if exactly that, color coding, as well as adding a small grayed-out column for separation. I even deleted the scroll bar and set up the tab button to page across, which should work depending on resolution settings. I think resolution can be controlled by commonizing the tablets used for data entry. However, I am told there is a way to set it up for the scroll bar to advance 2 columns instead of the default 1. I'm puzzled. I don't give up easily but I'm throwing in the towel. Thanks anyway!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS[_2_] View Post
I have researched for 2 days but cannot locate a solution. I have a
spreadsheet where I have frozen the first 2 columns and the first two
rows. To the right are columns of data in pairs. 2 columns represent
1 day and data is entered across both columns. We are having trouble
with multiple users entering data across the wrong 2 columns and
splitting days. I want to be able to use the scroll bar and have the
spreadsheet advance 2 columns instead of the standard 1 to keep the
days in pairs. I am at a loss.

You can scroll left/right one screen at a time using PgUp/PgDn while
holding down the *Alt* key. (PgUp=left; PgDn=right)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

However, I am told there is a way to
set it up for the scroll bar to advance 2 columns instead of the
default
1. I'm puzzled.

Why not just ask whomever told you this to explain how to do it?