Junior Member

Question Help! Need to compare 2 sets of data

Hello- First post here, as I am desperately trying to complete a tax project.

I have 4 columns of data (essentially the same 2 sets: 1 column of account numbers, and 1 column of account values), from 2 different sources, next to each other on the same worksheet.

Unfortunately, the amount/length of data between the 2 sets doesn't match up, or this might be easier (the set on the right is about 140 rows longer).

Example:

Number Value Number Value

441577 79111.62 441520 250023.96
441577 76524.28 441577 79111.62
442029 122389.32 441577 76524.28
442066 111582.95 442029 122389.32
442080 27570.9 442066 111582.95
442084 84623.45 442080 27570.90
442087 25449.06 442084 84623.45
442105 98158.47 442087 25449.06

The end goal is to make sure the values in the available columns match up across the board, so I can fix the accounts whose values don’t match.

I can disregard and delete any number/value that is not contained in both sets.

Thank you in advance! I'll be standing by to answer any questions
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiltsCC View Post
[...]

Perhaps use =COUNTIF() to compare account numbers in the two list. Those that result in a zero are not in both lists and can therefore be deleted.

Then =VLOOKUP() the amounts from one list to the other and compare.

That should highlight the ones you need to check/amend.

Let me know if you need that explaining more fully.