Junior Member

Default Looking up other sheet for value X depnding on sheet Y and Z colums

Hi All,

As can be seen in the attached. I am trying to find a formula which finds the bonus amounts for three variables "NFM1", "FSIFPY" and "METLP5". I would like a column for each. It will then use the SONO to make sure each line has the exact amount of bonus.

As can be seen my way uses a vlookup which pulls through the first bonus result which may not be the right one.

Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip teeve.zip (2.4 KB, 24 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, February 1, 2013 12:01:56 PM UTC-8, zildjian wrote:
Hi All,

As can be seen in the attached. I am trying to find a formula which

finds the bonus amounts for three variables "NFM1", "FSIFPY" and

"METLP5". I would like a column for each. It will then use the SONO to

make sure each line has the exact amount of bonus.

As can be seen my way uses a vlookup which pulls through the first bonus

result which may not be the right one.

Any suggestions?

|Filename: teeve.zip |

|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=750|

zildjian

Hi zildjian,

If I understand your problem, it is simply using VLOOKUP and wanting to return something from the second, third... lookup value in your look_up range.
Perhaps this will help, seems pretty clever to me but will take some study time.

http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/11/10/vlookup-second-value/

Read the SITUATION section, under the SOLUTION section note the formula
=C5&COUNTIF($C$5:C5,C5).

And finally download the SAMPLE FILE.

It seems to offer a solution to you query.

Regards,
Howard