Junior Member

Default ranking data by a numeric value

I want to rank stocks buy a score I have assigned them. I would like to have a cumulative summery page that that ranks the highest to lowest scores. Some of the stocks will be scored once and some many times in different data sets.
score Ticker
100 BKW
99 IX
98 VG
97 OMX
96 SMFG
95 ATLC
94 ESI
93 MIL
92 ALU
91 PKX
90 AIG

I cant up load a spreadsheet for some reason but one data set looks like this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:40:24 +0000, mitchosu wrote:

I want to rank stocks buy a score I have assigned them. I would like to
have a cumulative summery page that that ranks the highest to lowest
scores. Some of the stocks will be scored once and some many times in
different data sets.
score Ticker
100 BKW
99 IX
98 VG
97 OMX
96 SMFG
95 ATLC
94 ESI
93 MIL
92 ALU
91 PKX
90 AIG

I cant up load a spreadsheet for some reason but one data set looks like
this

What is the difference between what you represent, and just sorting the results by Score (descending)?
If you need to Rank the scores with numbers from 1-10 (as opposed to just looking at the row number or relative position in the table, you could just use the RANK function with ref = the Score column
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchosu View Post
I want to rank stocks buy a score I have assigned them. I would like to have a cumulative summery page that that ranks the highest to lowest scores. Some of the stocks will be scored once and some many times in different data sets.
score Ticker
100 BKW
99 IX
98 VG
97 OMX
96 SMFG
95 ATLC
94 ESI
93 MIL
92 ALU
91 PKX
90 AIG

I cant up load a spreadsheet for some reason but one data set looks like this
Hi,

Feel free to email the file to me on pubnut @ gmail . com (with no spaces) and I'll take a look at it for you.

Spencer.