Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Computer Properties

Hello,

I am trying to build a computer properties report in VBA. It supposed to be part of a report for some simulations, where I need to be specific about the machine I used for the simulation.
Something similar to the Belarc utility.
I found the envir function but that does not give the processor information or any of the ones Belarc give such as

Board: Alienware 0H869M A00
Serial Number: ..CN6970298R0639.
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Alienware A10 07/30/2010

Please advise

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

tuli explained on 10/25/2012 :
Hello,

I am trying to build a computer properties report in VBA. It supposed to be
part of a report for some simulations, where I need to be specific about the
machine I used for the simulation. Something similar to the Belarc utility. I
found the envir function but that does not give the processor information or
any of the ones Belarc give such as

Board: Alienware 0H869M A00
Serial Number: ..CN6970298R0639.
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Alienware A10 07/30/2010

Please advise

Thanks

You can get most of the CPU info using WMI. As this could be fairly
complex depending on what info you want, post a *complete* list of
exactly the detail you want so people here have some idea of which WMI
Classes to use when/if they provide code.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc