Junior Member

Default Unable to nest my IF statements properly

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help as I'm really stuck on this calculation below.

In order for the NETWORKDAYS to be worked out, I need data in both Y2 and 02 fields.

Just to summarise:
Y2 = CRB Date (if it has one, else should say "No CRB Date")
02 = Resolution Date (if it has one, else should say "Open" - as it hasn't yet been resolved)

If has has both then it should do the NETWORKDAYS calculation.

Below is what I have but Excel doesn't like it, does anyone know what I've done wrong?

IF(Y2="","No CRB date"),(O2="","Open"),NETWORKDAYS(Y2,O2)-1)))

Thanks so much in advance, this is driving me mad (obviously a total noob)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:13:58 +0000 schrieb D4WNO:

Y2 = CRB Date (if it has one, else should say "No CRB Date")
02 = Resolution Date (if it has one, else should say "Open" - as it
hasn't yet been resolved)

If has has both then it should do the NETWORKDAYS calculation.

Below is what I have but Excel doesn't like it, does anyone know what
I've done wrong?

IF(Y2="","No CRB date"),(O2="","Open"),NETWORKDAYS(Y2,O2)-1)))

try:
=IF(LEN(O2)=0,"Open",IF(LEN(Y2)=0,"No CRB date",NETWORKDAYS(Y2,O2)-1))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:13:58 AM UTC-5, D4WNO wrote:
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help as I'm really stuck on this calculation below.

In order for the NETWORKDAYS to be worked out, I need data in both Y2

and 02 fields.

Just to summarise:

Y2 = CRB Date (if it has one, else should say "No CRB Date")

02 = Resolution Date (if it has one, else should say "Open" - as it

hasn't yet been resolved)

If has has both then it should do the NETWORKDAYS calculation.

Below is what I have but Excel doesn't like it, does anyone know what

I've done wrong?

IF(Y2="","No CRB date"),(O2="","Open"),NETWORKDAYS(Y2,O2)-1)))

Thanks so much in advance, this is driving me mad (obviously a total

noob)

--

D4WNO

if(AND(cond1=true,cond2=true),1,2)
msybe
IF(and(Y2="No CRB date",O2="Open"),NETWORKDAYS(Y2,O2)-1),"")