Junior Member

Location: Corona, Ca
Default Findiing highest and lowest in rows and columns

I have several rows and columns of numerical data.
What is the easiest way to find he highest and lowest number in the cells?

Can I highlight the highest cell in red and lowest cell in blue?

Can this be done on a .csv file also?

Last edited by NetNathan1 : September 19th 12 at 12:21 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--

NetNathan1

For columns try:

=LARGE(A1:A10,1)
=SMALL(A1:A10,1)

For rows try:
=LARGE(A1:Z1,1)
=SMALL(A1:Z1,1)

HTH
Regards,
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:13:29 PM UTC-7, NetNathan1 wrote:
I have several rows and columns of numerical data.

What is the easiest way to find he highest and lowest number in the

cells?

Can I highlight the highest cell in red and lowest cell in blue?

Can this be done on a .csv file also?

--

NetNathan1

Overlooked the color aspect. Take a look at conditional formatting.

I don't know about .csv file.

H'wd
Junior Member

Location: Corona, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:13:29 PM UTC-7, NetNathan1 wrote:
I have several rows and columns of numerical data.

What is the easiest way to find he highest and lowest number in the

cells?

Can I highlight the highest cell in red and lowest cell in blue?

Can this be done on a .csv file also?

NetNathan1

Overlooked the color aspect. Take a look at conditional formatting.

I don't know about .csv file.

H'wd
I assume rows and columns would be

=LARGE(A1:D10,1)
=SMALL(A1:D10,1)
Tested works good....Thanks

Now just t figure out conditional formatting....the more complicated part.

It will work with a csv file I will just have to save it to an .xls to retain colors and formulas.